EEC Certified Preschool Teacher – Somerville near Porter Square
Imagine the warmth and intimacy of a small multi-age classroom engaging children from 2.9 yrs to 5 years. Kesher Nevatim Preschool integrates a curriculum rich in children’s interests with the joys of Jewish life. We are a program committed to thoughtful pedagogy and high standards of programming and connection with our children and families. We are a supportive environment, respecting each other as individuals and as a member of our community. This position offers an opportunity to contribute to a unique and enriching educational experience.
We are looking for an EEC Certified Teacher who is:
- Interested to work in a team with other inspired teachers
- Interested to work in a peaceful and caring environment
- Professional, motivated and reliable
- Has successful experience fostering a child-centered, child emergent approach
- (Preferably) has experience with a Reggio /constructivist/ play-based approach and intention
- Judaic knowledge preferred but is NOT required
Current openings for substitute positions, and possible part time positions.
Job responsibilities include positive connection and relationship with children, contributing to a responsive, child-emergent curriculum and implementation, parent interaction, observation and documentation, care of classroom, focus on children’s emotional and social development.
Substitute positions available immediately. Full time/part time positions available in Fall 2016.
Salary depends on credentials and experience.
To be considered, you MUST include your EEC Certification # and whether you are I/T or PS Certified, T or LT Certified. If you have the requirements (coursework and experience), but not yet certified, please provide that information as well.
Please send the following to: email@example.com
- Letter of Interest
- Type of position (e.g., substitute, FT, or PT)
- Recommendations are helpful
- MUST include EEC Certification # or information of qualification or in process
- Date available to start